I think most of you can relate when I say that I want to be Holly Golightly. The quirky, lovely, perfect, and beautiful Holly that everyone adores. So that is exactly what I did. For one night I became Holly Golightly. Below is my tutorial on making your own Breakfast at Tiffany’s costume!
Audrey Hepburn was a beautiful actress. She did amazing work and I love almost all of her movies. Her style, so chic and classic, is one of the things I love the most. The first movie of her I watched was, of course, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The whole movie is fascinating but the most memorable parts are while she is having her croissant at Tiffany’s in that gorgeous black gown and the scene she opens her door in a night-gown and that amazing sleeping mask.
It was too hot to wear my Mary Poppins costume and I just wasn’t feeling Dorothy. Pinterest suggested a few audrey pins for me and as soon as I saw the sleeping mask I just knew I had to make it myself. I got so excited I ran to Michaels and made it the day before Halloween!
I won’t post a DIY since I actually googled how to make a sleeping mask and found a few tutorials. I will however, just post the materials I used because trust me it makes a difference! It came out beautiful, better than the ones I saw online and a lot better than what I expected!
DIY Breakfast at Tiffanys Costume
Materials Used (Mask):
- Fabric Mask & Eyes: Turquoise Genuine Leather here (but they’re sold out unless you find it at the store) or here. & if you know where else online I could get this cheaper please let me know in the comments! I’m desperate
- Ribbon Around Mask: I used this one or I like this one too
- For Eyes & Lashes: gold pipe cleaners, gold ribbon, and blue gemstones
- Thread for Eyebrows & String: here
- Video tutorial: Here
Materials Used (“Earplug Earrings”):
- Tassels: White here or different colors here
- Earring Hooks
- Buttons: I just grabbed my two favorite from this bag of buttons I bought
- Jump Rings to Attach to button
- No tutorial is really necessary just attach the hooks and tassel with jump rings. Use crazy glue to attach back of earring hook to button so they don’t fiddle around when you wear them.
Men’s button up extra large and you’re all set to become Holly for the night. You’re welcome darlings.